Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Our Holiday Gift Giving Project

This year, I joined Mrs. Bright (who shared her great idea with me!) in a Holiday Gift Giving Project. Instead of exchanging teacher and students gifts, we decided to give to people who are in need. We collected items to donate to the Hesed House in Aurora. http://www.hesedhouse.org/

We collected over 250 items! Here is our list:

53 tubes of toothpaste (mini and regular size)
12 toothbrushes/floss
5 bottles of shampoo/conditioner
1 bag FULL of mini soap/shampoo/conditioner
5 bottles of lotion
5 deodorants
16 bars of soap
3 bottles of mouthwash
1 hairbrush
12 rolls of paper towels
50 rolls of toilet paper
2 boxes of tissue
2 blankets
1 set of sheets
20 pairs of gloves
12 hats
18 pairs of socks
15 shirts
3 jackets
14 school supplies items
1 toy










WOW!! I am blown away by the generosity of our families. I'm so proud of the difference we are making this gift giving season. Way to be AWESOME 1st graders!



No comments:

Post a Comment